Monday, January 21, 2008

where am I?

(valdivia, chile) Well the bierfest in Llanquihue turned out to be a total fiasco for me. I went over there with the niece of the B&B owner. We got started a little later than planned. I think i spent too much time at the beach. Then the buses went slowly, and my temporary companion walked slowly and wanted to stop and look at the lake and talked and talked and talked. Anyway we got there around 9:00, only to find out that the last bus to return us to Frutillar would leave at 10, and it wouldn't be worth the $10 fee to get in to the fest, buy a beer and return. So we just turned around and headed back. She reminded me that it was my fault, which i guess it was, but i didn't want to hear it, especially after being thwarted in my festquest. Frustrating. But maybe it was all for a reason, because the first thing I saw when I arrived here in Valdivia was a sign announcing the Kunstmann Bierfest this weekend! But now I'm not so sure I'm all that excited. I visited the brewery restaurant last night with some folks from the hostel and I got my taste in. The restaurant was very German-like, yet not quite German. But my Swiss companions said the food olooked like home.

I'm going to try to find a haircut, and a semi-permanent place to stay. This town might be a good place for me to settle down and study a little.

No comments: