Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the stats

(Hopkins, MN, USA)

I can’t help but notice that our readership, as reflected by the statcounter, has declined precipitously now that both Lou and I are back in the states. What? Do you think that perhaps our lives have suddenly become any less adventurous and exciting? Why just the other day I drove to St. Paul and drank wine with Anne, and to a lesser extent Brian, until at least 1 AM. Today I bleached the kitchen sink. Two days ago I shoveled snow! Doesn’t get much more exciting than that. Well, to tell the truth, the past few days, in addition to trying to get used to each other again, getting out and seeing people, have been occupied largely by cleaning, preparing and moving in to our new place. Most of this time I’ve still felt like a backpacker, in the same clothes I’ve been in all year. But now I’m starting to pull wrinkly wardrobe from storage and help establish a home, a place to sleep for more than a few nights at a time. I think it should be nice to have stuff again. If you want to get a hold of us, we should have our old phone number back on Thursday.

I now we’ve had a loyal readership, ands some who only check in from time to time. We’ve appreciated knowing that people were interested. What amazes me are the random googlers who chance upon our site. I realized recently that through the statcounter software, we can see what search terms led people to our site. Here are some terms from the past few weeks that people were searching for when they came across our site:


Paila de mariscos
Bondiola sadwich traslation
Cartagena chile
dan et lou
what is pulmay
hacer tuto
cortisone shot for the lungs
what to do at night in valdivia
aisen fires
lepra protest
locro is pronounced
el calafate to puerto madryn
estai tenei chileno
go see the doctor in spanish
itchy welts photos
pichanga recipe
chilean gringo site

Cool huh? I think its funny that some poor person who may have been suffering from “itchy welts”, looking for advice, somehow ended up on our website. Whoever you are, anti-histamine pills helped me quite a bit. Good luck with that.

2 comments:

shallwedave said...

i am currently listening to my eyes reading your blog. it is not me who is causing a significant loss in the demographics of your internets.

perhaps you should try a scandal, which i hear is popular to talk about around the water-cooler these days.

Anonymous said...

"chilean gringo site" lol