Wednesday, February 20, 2008

enfermo

The other day some people were talking about dreams they'd been having when I realized that I couldn't remember having any dreams for months. Last night things were different. I've been sick for a couple of days, yesterday being the worst so far. It's just a sweaty general body, throat, head, chest ache. Probably just a spot of malaria ;) So yesterday I took it easy, watching TV in the hostel and then finally had a Theraflu drink before bed. I had never taken one of those before, but I declare that it should be up for a Nobel Prize in Medicine for how long I was able to sleep without feeling the mosquito bites, without hearing the partiers in the patio. Plus I had dreams about working in a hospital. After about 10 hours in bed I feel a little bit better, on the way to recovery. I might have to take it easy again today. But I have to say that it totally sucks to not have someone babying me in my sick condition or telling me that I'm a wuss and should get out of bed. The only upside of being ill is that at least someone feels bad for you, but suffering in isolation is lame. And I don't have a second opinion about going to the doc or not. But hey, don't worry. I'll be out touristing again soon.

No comments: