Thursday, October 25, 2007

A reason to vote for someone


I was just told that all advertising for the elections has to stop at midnight, two days before voting. Candidates are really ramping up the ads on TV. On my way in to this cyber, I was confronted with what might be the most compelling propaganda yet for a governor candidate; beautiful women in white tank tops handing out leaflets.



Addendum: After I wrote that and put it on the blog, I decided that I should go home, get the camera and take a picture of the babes to put on the blog. But as I was walking down the street, who did I see? None other than the candidate himself, the guy whose mug I’ve seen a thousand times in the past month. This was too good an opportunity. I was walking toward him and asked if I could take a picture. “Of course.” “ Can one of you political staffers take a picture of us together.” (this is one bold gringo) “Of course.” So we posed for the picture, but the camera had turned off, so I went and turned it back on, then I still didn’t work. Oops the memory card door was open, so I went back and fixed that, then finally we got our snap shot. So, on his last night of campaigning, 4 hours before legally he must quit doing stuff, he wasted nearly a minute with a gringo who can’t vote anyway.

No comments: